Monday 8 February 2016

Pancake Tuesday

Hi, so I needed a story for my class for the week of Pancake Tuesday so I decided to introduce a story of 'The Runaway Pancake' and link it with History for sequencing and Music.
Here is what I compiled together.
I love TES.co.uk and I found lots on this, my intention is that you won't have to do all the same searching.
  1. Here is a PowerPoint of the story of The Runaway Pancake. This story is very like the Gingerbread Man retold with a pancake.

Here is an image to show you what the PowerPoint looks like. It tells the story with some audio available.


Link to the PowerPoint The Runaway Pancake powerpoint

2. Video of the story being read clearly:




 

3. Next, I will teach the order to my class of how to make pancakes.

pancakes
Link to the above document here:how-to-make-pancakes

4. Oxford Reading Tree have good sequencing cards which you could print out and have the class stick in the correct order. 


5. TES.co.uk have a great interactive sequencing activity for how to make a pancake, please find the link below:

The activity looks like this
sequnce the making of pancake.PNG

6. Below are two songs about Pancakes

The first I found on TES.co.uk that P.E. Willobury made
There is a PowerPoint of the words that looks like this:
song
Here is another song about Pancakes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages